Sunday, September 27, 2015

Culicidaes

 Every time I write a new post, I find myself wanting to title it “The Struggle is Real”, and almost every time I remind myself that, although this is an excellent title I cannot use it for every single post. Even though it probably applies to every single post. Cause isn’t the struggle real, folks?
On a totally different topic, for some reason writing a post on blogger (the actual site) gives me writers block. Is this is strange? Yes Kelby, but we all know you’re strange so it’s fine. Okay, good. Glad we have an understanding. But for realz, I am so much more inspired when I type my posts out on word. Can’t you tell the difference?! I sure can. Of course, this could have a lot to with my mood, or my stress levels… or blood sugar. Who knows?
So now I am finally moving on to today’s topic. Culicidaes. Also known as, mosquitos. Of course I would like to say I had this scientific name stored in the recesses of this befuddled brain of mine, but we all know that’s not true and I just googled it to be impressive. Are you impressed?

See that red spot on my face? No it’s not a zit. It’s a mosquito bite. Or rather, the leftover mark of a mosquito bite from the night before this picture was taken. That night (at least I think this pic is from then) I was sitting on my sister’s couch watching a movie with her. Mind you, she is sitting right beside, that’s important info so store it. I got bit inside three times. Once on my wrist, once on my face, and the third time on my finger. I mean, who gets a mosquito bite on their finger?! A diabetic, that’s who. Grr Bobby Jean Piper (If you don’t get the Junnie B. Jones reference, you were a deprived child). I’m just too sweet, they can’t resist me (Sorry, we are back to the mosquitos now). My sister didn’t get bit not once. She’s just not sweet enough I guess.

Yours sweetly: Kelby, T1D, mosquito food court.

No comments:

Post a Comment