Friday, March 11, 2016

A Bloody Mess

The title pretty much sums up my day yesterday. I'm not going to lie- it was kinda a rough day diabetes-wise.
*Disclaimer* This post contains girl-stuff and a lovely little pic of my bloody back (per a failed dexcom sensor), so to all you dudes out there- might wanna skip this one.
Okay so, first: That smoothie I drank night before last? I majorly over-bolused for it and ended up with a low that dropped from 66 to 53, even after I treated. I was a little freaked out by that, ended up eating half the kitchen, and had a high BG from 12-4am (in the 200s) according to my dex. *Insert non-paid promotion here* That dex was a life-saver. I would've went to bed with a BG of 106 (what my glucometer read) if I hadn't seen the arrow pointing straight down on my receiver.
So, needless to say, it was a bit of a rough night. Morning dawned with a good BG and I headed out to school. I stopped by work to grab a biscuit, which shot my BG up to the 200's and left it there until lunch time (around lunch time I discovered mother nature had left me her present for the month-possibly the cause of those higher BGs). I took extra insulin for lunch and was still high until I accidentally ripped off my receiver (which still had two more days) and had to change my dexcom site.
Now you see that picture? And where that little girl's transmitter is?

Yeah that didn't really work out for me. Maybe because my skin is thinner there because of stretch-marks from that rapid growth spurt (more like weight gain) of my preteen years. 
So I ripped that site out after I realized the little window had filled up with blood. Ouch. And I wasted a dex transmitter which makes me sad, because I only have three more.
Theeeeen last night the site where I did my Lantus injection bled and I was just like...
Oh well! After all, that's life, right? 
My day diabetes-aside was fine. I got to have lunch with my parents and actually clocked out of work on time. Plus- everyday with Jesus is a good day!
 So don't think I'm trying to be a negative Nancy- just trynna keep it real. 
~Realistic T1D



Displaying photo.JPG
Displaying photo.JPG
Displaying photo.JPG

4 comments:

  1. That smoothie looks amazing! 😋
    When I used the nutribullet, I could even add honey and not use as much insulin. How crazy are our bodies to act so finicky over food being blended or not. 🙄😄 I'm proud of your healthy choice even if you did go low. You'll get it! 👍🏻🙏🏻😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of the food being blended, I was thinking of how much more quickly fruit absorbs. But I'm sure those both play in to it!

      Delete
  2. You're really cute though! Bloody mess & all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hang in there, baby! {{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete