Thursday, March 12, 2015

Here we go..!

Howdy everyone. This is my first official post. Hallelujah, I finally got here. I'm tellin ya, I'm long winded and it took me forever to finish all the special pages on this blog. That said, here we are, my first post. I plan to post regularly about everything from diabetes to dogs. Why dogs you ask? Because my dog just jumped in my lap and its the first thing I thought of. So there ya go. On less random note, I do have some things to post about that relate to diabetes... first question:
Why does my family doctor want to make my life more complicated by telling me, "You ll know if you have a bacterial infection if your blood sugars are running high.."?
Does she want me to go insane?
I woke up yesterday morning around 530 with terrible congestion and a bad sinus headache. Let me just start by saying, I'm no rookie when it comes to sinus infections. I get one at least once a year if not twice. Before I was diabetic I would call, tell the office my symptoms, schedule an appt, get some antibiotics and be done with it. So I call yesterday to make an appointment because I feel terribly crummy. The receptionist says she'll leave C (my doctors nurse) a note, that she would call me back later. C calls me back several hours later, asks more questions, then says she will talk to Dr D and get back with me. An hour later she calls and says Dr D wants to give it a few days, and to monitor my blood sugars. If I have a bacterial infection, my sugar will run high. 
This makes it hard because my endo office just adjusted my carb/insulin ratio because Ive been running a little low. Plus its that time of the month for me.
So how am I supposed to know if my blood sugars high because I have an infection, because my ratio is off, or because its a certain time of the month?? Anyone else have these problems?!
As I write this I'm reminded... "Do all things without murmurings and disputings.." 
That's just difficult. Anyone else have a complaining problem sometimes?!
Stay True,
Kelby

No comments:

Post a Comment