Saturday, March 14, 2015

Before Bed Lows...

Sooo I had a nice, long day today. I worked a 10-330 shift and ran around the whole time refilling peoples "beverages" (Your not allowed to say "drink" at Chickfila...) and being nice and smiling.. ALOT. The whole 6 hours between breakfast and lunch I didn't have a low. Just to clear this up, the lowest I've been so far is only 62. So I'm not talking a can't function kinda low, just below my target range low. I was out of test strips so I couldn't eat right after work and had to drive home. (My Moms a little freaky about me eating without testing first.. We are all new at this, so I understand.) I felt a little weird so I ate a small snack before leaving work. Long story short, before my late lunch I tested in range and before dinner I tested in range. Bolused for my dinner, took my Lantus at 10, everything is good. We had a game night at our house tonight so we played Rook and then sang while a friend played the piano. It was a good night. I ended up coming home with my best friend and staying the night with her. I'm really tired but I thought it was from a long day. I tested before going to bed (or so I thought) and I was at 75. Not bad, but below target range. Ive never had a before bed low, so I'm sitting here like, "Oh my word did I take Humalog instead of Lantus?!" "Did I over-bolus for dinner?" "What made this happen?" When, in all actuality, diabetics have lows sometimes.. its kinda what we do, right? I drank some juice, tested 15 minutes later and I'm at 82... Still not super comfortable going to sleep below 100, I decided to blog about it. Your welcome. I tested just about five minutes ago and I'm at 117 currently. So its all good. Its funny because I know all of you diabetic pros are reading this and thinking, "She has no idea what a low is" and I'm sure that's true, but its okay. I don't mind being a rookie ; )
Just to clear this up though, there will be times I am on the lower end for no apparent reason, right? Does that happen to ya'll?
Stay True,
Kelby

No comments:

Post a Comment