Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sisterly Pride

2:01am. She's dilated 5cm. Contractions every minute and a half. And today is my birthday. YAY! What a cool birthday present! Cant wait to smooch his sweet little face...

This is my first all-nighter as a diabetic. I haven't checked my sugar at all yet because I haven't really felt the need to. I was getting sleepy than I drank some Diet Dr Pib (boo for no Diet Dr Pepper-curse you cafeteria) and that caffiene woke me up gooood. Went with Shan (the bro-in-law) downstairs to get his sweatshirt and ended up running all the way to the car and back. It felt GREAT.

Let me just say- my sister is a hero. She has breathed through those contractions like a champ- no epadural! So very proud of her <3 She has an awful good husband too..they make a great team! He is going to have to train my imginary never going to exist future husband. Everything is going smooth and naturally... Praise God! This baby is going to be well loved. Aunt Kelby is going to love him and kiss him and be there for him as long as she lives... cant wait to squeeze his sweet self!

On another random, (litteraly) less sweet note, I have my appointment with the diabetes educator Tuesday! Pump life, here I come!

God is so good. Im so thankful for how he has helped my big Sis. So thankful for how he has helped me EVERYDAY. #GODSGOOD (Oh yes I just hashtagged...deal with it) Hahaha. Its late, k? Its my birthday too.. so gimme a break. 

2 comments:

  1. Hope your birthday was AWESOME...as it sounds like it was, getting such a present as a new nephew on it! *GRIN* Congrats to your family on the sweet boy! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...I just read this...we love you! And I'm pretty sure it's signed on under you name so it looks like you commenting, but it's not ;)

    Casey

    ReplyDelete